Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sicko is Right.

I saw Sicko right after work on Friday (lest anyone ruin it for me before I saw it), and I left with a couple of impressions:
  1. I must move to France ASAP.
  2. The British have a really great sense of humor.
  3. I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.
It's just, I don't think I single-payer system is the right option for the U.S. Perhaps Moore's right, perhaps it works so well in France because the French government fears its residents. But if I've learned one thing in the last 7 years of the Bush administration, it's that the U.S. government has absolutely no fear of its citizens. We are the government's apathetic pawns. I do not trust the government to run my health care, and I certainly do not trust the government to contract out my health care. And to be honest, I'm kind of surprised Moore does.

Here's a great AP article on some contentious points of the movie.

No comments: